Monday, March 5, 2012

Free Expressions (my new gig) and other things


Why hello out there! I'm filled with exciting news!

I recently accepted a position with Free Expressions as a part-time marketing assistant/minion. Now, I know a second job (third if you count novel-ing, hah!) might not sound exciting, but this really is an awesome opportunity. Not only is my boss super awesome, but I'm working for a company that I'm really passionate about. Free Expressions runs the Breakout Novel Intensives that I raved like a crazy woman about, so it's a natural fit to help promote things I've enjoyed. Not to mention, Lorin is a stellar editor. I'd recommend her to anyone! (And not just because she's paying me to do just that!)

So, if you feel so inclined, check out the Free Expressions site. If you're on Facebook, you can like us here.

In addition, Erik and I should be closing on our first house this month! All that's really left is some paperwork. I'm also taking a work trip (day job related) in March back east and visiting the family while I'm there. When I get back, it's time to move, all before the end of the month.

Also, I should hear back from Clarion West in March. I'm doing my best not to fret about it, but it didn't help to read that they go a record number of submissions this year! No surprise there, really, not with G.R.R. Martin as an instructor and his huge popularity right now.

Beyond that, I've been enjoying a relaxed writing schedule this last month (which means I've done a little brainstorming and little writing, but no hard writing deadlines) but the longer I go without really writing, the stronger the itch.

But first, the most important thing happening in March: Mass Effect 3.

1 comment:

Christina Farley said...

Congrats again on your new job! How exciting! I hope you are enjoying it.