Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Onward!

So looks like HOUND is finished! Very exciting stuff! After a few more small tweaks, I sent my final version to Joanna (my agent) today. And happy danced a bit. (Okay, a lot.)

Soon we'll go on submission and try to sell the manuscript. This will likely take months. How many? Impossible to guess, as every author has a different experience - just like when querying. From here on out, I won't be talking much about HOUND. I like being pretty open about my writing experiences and the process of chasing this crazy dream of publication, but some things don't belong on a public blog.

Feel free to cross fingers and toes for me, though!

What's next then? A sequel to HOUND is my plan right now. I'll be working on a first draft and taking that to BONI come April. After BONI (if not before) I'm going to try and get into a pretty strict writing routine.

Aside from that? Playing a hell of a lot of video games! I've about 2/3 done my second Dragon Age II playthrough (which I'll blog about soon) and I'm fighting the itch to load up Dragon Age Origins and play it a third time with all the downloadable content I never played. Then that makes me think of Mass Effect and how I really need to play Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and all downloadable content before the release of Mass Effect 3 - which is waaay too far away.

But if I don't give boyfriend more of my time on Rift, I have a feeling all my other games might mysteriously vanish...

I've mentioned this before, but if anyone is playing Rift, let me know. I'm on the Corthana shard, Defiant, character name Archon. Eirk and I have a small, casual guild and would be happy to invite more friends.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Good luck with subs! Fingers and toes crossed for you!!! :)

The Screaming Guppy said...

Thank you!!!!! :D

scott g.f.bailey said...

Go, you! Being on submission is very exciting. And then it's a weird constant distraction. Make sure you work on new stuff while HOUND is out there, else you will go quite, quite mad.

Michelle Davidson Argyle said...

Exciting stuff! I hope your book sells fast!