Wednesday, March 30, 2011

On Creative People

So this is a fun article - and I've lost the place I linked through to get to it, gah! Anyway, it's all about the Creative Personality from a psycological perspective.

Favorite part?

"Another way of expressing this dialectic is the contrasting poles of wisdom and childishness. As Howard Gardner remarked in his study of the major creative geniuses of this century, a certain immaturity, both emotional and mental, can go hand in hand with deepest insights. Mozart comes immediately to mind."

So this is why I don't clean, still laugh when I burp even though I'm almost 31 years old, dance to the toaster oven's clicking noise (hot beat, yo!), randomly run in place and make loud noises after sitting still too long, and love video games, random junk for under $5, wacky socks and cute stuffed animals.

I'm a genius!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hmmmm....I also never clean and tend to dance to strange appliance rhythms. This explains SO much! ;0

The Screaming Guppy said...

You mean I'm not the only one who feels the music coming from my toaster over? Yaaaay!