Thursday, February 24, 2011

Closing in...

...on two things: the completion of my revisions and the headstart of Rift.

As of now, HOUND is inching closer to done, done, DONE. I have about 100 pages left to re-read and two scenes to revise on the way. I also I have to adjust some travel times and make sure they're consistent throughout the text.

But tonight I'm going to be playing Rift. It's been far too long since I've had some excellent gaming. Looks like I'll be on Greybriar, PvE server, if anyone else is playing. I haven't decided on a character name just yet, though.

Kumari in an alternate universe, perhaps?

Ugh. The servers are going live as we speak...and here I am, stuck at work.

7 comments:

sandy-williams said...

"I also I have to adjust some travel times and make sure they're consistent throughout the text."

Travel time was the bane of my existence when I was in edit-mode. It didn't help that my fae could travel from one side of the planet to the other in an instant. Stupid earth rotation totally threw off daytime/nighttime. LOL.

Good luck! You're so close!

The Editor Devil said...

I just finished rewriting my novel (split it in two) and am doing continuity edits. Watched my colleague do time edits. ug! I feel for you! Good luck!

Email me offline and I'll send you a doc from one of my classes re: the edits you should make before sending the manuscript (christinefairchild@yahoo.com). Maybe that will help you.
Good luck!

The Screaming Guppy said...

That sounds great Christine! I'll email you - thanks so much!

And thanks for the well wishes, Sandy!

Eric said...

You're the second person to advise checking out Rift. I may just have to do that since the Guppster is gonna be on there ;)

The Screaming Guppy said...

@Eric

Sweeeet. It's super polished for a new MMO. I spent some time in beta. Be sure to email me if you end up playing!

Amanda said...

Oh yeah, the dreaded time-line and consistency issues. I deal with that all the time. Have fun gaming! :)

Eric said...

Hey, I finally got Rift to work, so maybe sometime we can meet up on there or whatever. I haven't even created a toon yet, but I'm looking forward to it.