Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How I stayed (kind of) sane while on query


So how I was able to stay relatively sane while I was on query boils down to two things.
  1. My amazing writer friends who encouraged me and advised me through the process, especially Beth and Lorin. Thank you!
  2. querytracker.net
Querytracker is the bomb and there's just no two ways about it. Not only does it put a huge list of agents at your fingertips, but it also gives you links to interviews, client lists, average query response times and much more. Aside from that, it helps to you keep track of who you queried when and pretty much keeps you from falling into a giant black hole of disorganized hell.

I LOVE it, so I was thrilled to share my success story on their site to help encourage others to use querytracker.

And the $25 a year for the premium account? Affordable and totally worth it.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Agreed! Writer friends and QueryTracker kick ass! :)

Eric said...

That's totally awesome. When I finally AM ready to query, I'll be using it. Nice post, Guppster.

lotusgirl said...

Absolutely. Query tracker is wonderful.

Tez Miller said...

Hi, Erin! I'm a first-timer here at your blog. Just read your Success Story over at QT, and your gladiatorial zombie novel totally sounds like something I'd like to read :-)

I've just subscribed to your blog, and look forward to keeping up with your adventures :-)

The Screaming Guppy said...

Hey Tez! Thanks for following!