Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Back in the saddle

I started off November with a writing bang yesterday! I wrote 5,086 words on my new project (called Ashfall for now) for my first day of NaNoWriMo 2010. It felt good to flex my brain to fingers to keyboard to word doc muscles, which have been enjoying a vacation from writing and revising for the last month or so. But it was time - the creative itch was getting pretty persistent.

Quite a few of my writer friends have caught the NaNo bug this year, so this should be a really fun month.

Are you doing NaNo? Friend me! "The Screaming Guppy" is my NaNo name. I bet you NEVER would have guessed, huh?

Hooray for writing and not revising - at least until the end of November.

6 comments:

Bryce Ellicott said...

I'm glad to see so many people geared up for Nano. I hope it reaches a lot of folks who might otherwise have not tried to write a book. I certainly find it entertaining - a very good way to meet local writers and just some all around nice people.
One Writer's Mind

Feywriter said...

Friended. You are kicking my butt already. Go Nano!

~Feywriter

lotusgirl said...

Wow. What a productive first day! Good luck.

Eric said...

Awww, see now I really wish I COULD do NaNo (just so I could do it alongside my Guppster bud).

Still, I wish you all the luck in the world. And welcome back.

Cheers w/DC

The Screaming Guppy said...

Thanks guys!

It really is a great way to meet other writers. I found some of my first beta readers from NaNo 2008.

Michelle Davidson Argyle said...

Oh YAY! I'm so happy it's going well for you. Good luck with the rest and keep us updated please. :)