Thursday, November 11, 2010

35k and ...edits?

Broke 35,601 words yesterday for NaNoWriMo. Woo!

I also realized that switching gears from create to edit in the middle of a complete, unbridled mind dump SUCKS. No worries - I'm not breaking NaNo's golden rule. I'm working on some tweaks to my HOUND partial before I send more query letters.

To sum it up, last night I opened my HOUND document after finishing my NaNo words and it went something like this:

Me: "HunnrrrrrruuuugghgghgggrrrrhhhhhmRAHHHHHHH."

Boyfriend: "Oh. You must be editing."

Sad but true. I know I have to do it - my goal is to get this task done by Sunday night - but it hurrrtsssss usssss.

I know part of this is me pouting. I thought I was done with HOUND for now. I really, really wanted to be done with HOUND for now. So I keep reminding my pouty self that it's ONLY three scenes to revise. ONLY THREE. I spent April - August editing/revising/rewriting the ENTIRE MANUSCRIPT. I can so do this. I will do it.

Apparently, I will make awful noises while I do it, but hey, you work with what you got.

1 comment:

Eric said...

LOL, you're allowed to make noises while you edit. And yes, you can do this. Good luck (with both revising and NaNo)!

Cheers w/DC