Monday, September 13, 2010

New WIP Codename: Ashfall

I've decided what to work on next. Actually, I decided a bit ago, but I was having trouble locating...what was that thing called? Oh, yes. A plot. I think I finally found it! Hooray!


When I write, I tend to plot out important events - opening and ending at least - then plop down and start slogging through. Before that, I spend a good deal of time on worldbuilding. The Ashfall world is going to be a big complex one, hopefully a place where I'll be able to spend a lot of time. Right now, I see an arc that should make this a trilogy. Fun! (Keeping in mind, of course, to make #1 "stand alone.")


I'm enjoying this time spend pondering and creating. I think it might be my favorite part.


Here's a sketch of the only city in my world, a domed metropolis on a nightless, super heated planet, and the underground below it.



2 comments:

Eric said...

I like the idea that image conjures. Sounds very interesting. Just wish I could draw that well LOL.

Cheers w/DC

Feywriter said...

Ooh, very cool concept and drawing. I love worldbuilding.

Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)