Monday, June 21, 2010

Another Hound Update

Woohooies! I've hit the middle mark. Yay!

In two months I've gotten through:
Pages: 279
Words: 80,717
Chapters: 17

Downhill from here?

Hmm...debatable. While it feels good to be "half" done, I'll be doing much more rewriting vs. revising in what I have left, so it might actually take longer than the front half.

But hey, as long as I'm moving forward, I'm happy!

Also, I have part 1 sent off to four beta readers. Figured I should get a gauge on how the revisions are coming. Here's hoping the news is good.

Oh, and my synopsis still sucks. Har-hardy-har-har!

And for those who've been paying attention, I have now surpassed the total word count of the last draft. <.<

Must not freak out. Deep breathing. No freaking. Smiling writer smiles, and knows she will be doing another draft of trimming in the near future.

7 comments:

scott g.f.bailey said...

Woot for you!

I also seem to be writing "long" this time around. I expect to spend a month doing nothing but cutting, regretting the cuts, uncutting and then cutting again. That ought to be fun.

Eric said...

Congrats, Guppster! That is awesome. Drink a case of DC in celebration.

Tara Maya said...

I'm glad to hear it.

The Screaming Guppy said...

Thanks guys!

@Scott: Quit copying me! :P

@Eric: Already have two cases in the kitchen! Just finished three on lunch. o.O Woo caffiene!

@Tara! You're alive! Hope everything is well with you. How's school?

ali said...

Sweet! Congrats!

Tara Maya said...

Alive, or merely reanimated dead flesh? Hard to tell. :)

Speaking of how smokin' hot zombie themes are these days, you should check out how different international relations theories would cope with an invasion of zombies.

I at once thought of you.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/06/21/night_of_the_living_wonks

Kayla-Harley Quinn-Page said...

Congratulations!!!