Sunday, January 24, 2010

This here universe needs some saving.

And I'm just the geek for the job.

Mass Effect 2 lands Tuesday (or Monday night at midnight). I have three days off work for a gaming binge to rival all binges.

Case of Soda - check.
Meals that can be prepared and eaten in under 5 minutes - check.
Snacks, lots of snacks - check.
Gift card to Gamestop - check.
Pre-ordered Collector's Edition - check.
Two fully charged wireless xBox controllers - check.
50 inch TV with surround sound system - check.
Archon Shepard, Renegade Vanguard level 55 - ready for import

All I have to say is this:


BRING. IT. ON.

On a side note, writing will resume when I've successfully saved the universe (at least twice).



omgomgomgomg I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Journalizer said...

LOL!
Don't forget the headsets and mic.

Now go save Humanity from extinction! We are depending on you!!

Eric said...

See, and I was so underwhelmed by the first one, I don't know that I'll take on the second. I can't say specifically why I didn't like it; I just didn't.

I'm waiting for the next expansion for WoW (World of Warcraft, for the uninitiated). Probably a good thing it's not out, since I'm trying to develop good writing habits :)

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

my niece could have written this - she is a huge gamer and i have found female gamers a rarity - at least in my age-range

have fun at your x-box and the platypus babies made me squeeze a little juice out the eyes

The Screaming Guppy said...

I did it, I did it! Beat the game...though Humanity isn't saved yet. Apparently, I don't get to resolve that issue until game three. DAMNIT and YAY I CAN'T WAIT FOR GAME THREE.

Still playing though...How does that work? I didn't even go a full day after beating it before I loaded up a new character for playthrough #2.

Sigh.

Amethyst Greye Alexander said...

You're so funny. N. had a pre'd copy, but he didn't open it until he'd replayed the first one and gotten it JUST SO. He finally started it on Thursday. I've been watching him, and Twittering 'observations' on the #masseffect2 hashtag ever since. I'm not sure they compare with my #DragonAge ones, yet (why is almost every viable boy toy GAY in that freaking game?!?!), but they'll get there. Hee.

Enjoy!

Amethyst