Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Breakout Novel Intensive Update

I got my pre-workshop assignments for BONI (Breakout Novel Intensive) yesterday!

/claps hands

There's quite the list of things to do.

1. Print out (in separate documents) and mail in: First fifty pages of the MS; first fifteen pages (depending on scene/chapter break) ; Four copies of the first five pages ; six copies of a 1-2 page synopsis.

2. Read "Writing the Breakout Novel" by Don Maass

3. Go through the manuscript and write one sentence about every scene, each on a separate note card.

4. Write a brief description of your strengths and weaknesses as a writer and your goals for the workshop.


I better get to work! The intensive is in April. I can't wait!

3 comments:

ali said...

Sounds very cool! Those are all great exercises. :)

Lost Wanderer said...

I really envy you right now. I am dying to do this workshop, so I have decided to start saving for it. Might take a while since I will have to fly to States and all, but still. Really looking forward to hearing about your experience.

beth said...

Wow! That's a great plan to follow, even if you're not going to the workshop. This sounds really cool!