Thursday, November 5, 2009

Big weekend!

The Fire in Fiction workshop with Donald Maass is this weekend! Squeee!

My PFC update will be late. Tonight I have to print out my entire manuscript (HOUND), but before I can do that I need pick at it some more. And then a little more. And some more after that. And try and get my query letter in decent shape to take with me - just in case. And overcome my fear of how terrible I think my synopsis is and print it out too, so I at least have it with me. Just in case.

Aside from having a bit of nerves (what if Mr. Maass says: You need to do a complete rewrite because this writing sucks!) I'm actually very, very excited! I'm sure I'm going to learn a ton, right from the one of the horse's well known mouths.

I don't have class next week, so I'll fill you in on PFC from this week and my experiences at the Maass workshop this weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

scott g.f.bailey said...

Good luck with Maass! Have fun! Learn stuff!

Eric said...

Good luck, Guppster. I'll keep my fingers crossed and be waiting anxiously to hear good news.

Cheers w/ DC

Crimey said...

Have a wonderful time. I've only heard good things regarding Maass advice to writers.