Monday, September 21, 2009

9

I saw the movie 9 this weekend, confirming my suspicion that the only thing that can tear me away from Fallen Earth, the apocalypse game I'm playing, is, well, MOAR APOCALYPSE! Though, my house is starting to look like the middle of an apocalypse, but wouldn't cleaning just dampen that end of days feeling? Well, I did do some laundry this weekend. One simply cannot do well during the end of the world without clean underpants.

Regardless, what an awesome movie! It has character, it has adventure, it has butt-kicking for goodness! Dark and exciting - and I would suggest taking the PG-13 rating seriously. This is not a movie for little kids. And while some of it is the same story we've heard before, it has some nice twists and elements that make it unique. Can't wait to get it on blu-ray.

In other end of the world news? I read The Hunger Games over the weekend and loved it. Thanks to Beth Revis for convincing me to check out some YA. Oh, and I started season 2 of Battlestar Galactica yesterday.

Now if I could only get my mind back to Hound - it fits right in after all. Oh well, I know I will. I have a workshop I plan to take it to November 5 & 6, so I want a clean product by then. Writing class starts next week, September 30, though I'm still not sure what I'll be focusing on for the class. I might give it a few sessions before I make the call.

The break has been refreshing. Slacker or no, I'm loving game time with the boyfriend. Serious business can resume in October.

:)

And on that note, I'm going to go see if my motorcycles (in Fallen Earth) are done crafting yet. /rubs hands.

No comments: