Sunday, July 19, 2009

Was that good for you?

Cause it was good for me!

I just wrote a five page outline for a new story/book I want to write. It started as a short story concept I wrote earlier this week, and officially exploded last night. Today, I was having trouble thinking of anything else when I sat down at my computer, so I just cranked it out in about two hours.

I know, I know. It's not what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm supposed to be editing Hound. However, after being in such a creative drought between work and stress outside of work (as we all know translates into a gaping hole left behind by a muse taking an unscheduled vacation), it just feels damn good to have something down on paper.

I think I'm going to try and do a reward system for myself. Edit x amount of Hound, and I'm free to work on the new idea. We'll see how it works out.

For today, I'm just going to be happy I've done something with my writing. It's been almost a month since I've had any creative urges at all. I'm sure you noticed my less than active blog as another result of the drought.

Bring the rain. Who needs an umbrella?

For now, the new idea will be called "Ala'der."

3 comments:

M. Dunham said...

Hee hee hee.

Eric said...

Interesting name. I had noticed btw, the drought. I was wondering if the Guppster had drowned in a pool of DC. Nice to see you're not dead yet. :)

Candy O'Donnell said...

Good for you! There are those times when work does get in our way. I know that one. I work from home while trying to write plus I am going back to school for my BA in English. Whew! Am I bushed already. Glad to hear that I am not the only one who going into a drought between creations. ;)