Monday, May 11, 2009

My lunch hour, let me show you it.

Here are three examples of how I will be (and have been) spending my lunch for the rest of my life. Or until I'm done editing, whatever comes first.


Chicken ranch pizza, Diet Coke, and chapter mmmmm, looks like 12 or so.

Rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes, Diet Coke, and - back tracking - to somewhere around chapter 8.


Just to mix things up - Today: Diet Coke, napkin from rubbing off the grilled cheese grease, red line of my synopsis from the editor (just an fyi, the biggest section of red text you see? Yeah. That would be a single sentence. Just sayin') and a new anthology I bought. I'll give you one guess as to what it's about. Figured I should try reading a little here and there.

It's hard though. Very easy to read while I'm writing. Almost painful to read while I edit. I read half of the short story by Stephen King, but I ended up just staring at the wall for a while instead of finishing it.

10 comments:

Litgirl01 said...

Hmm...makes me want to eat chicken. At work, hungry, grading bad essays. Oh joy!

Lady Glamis said...

Working for Costco has it's perks! Yummy food! Yummy editing! Ahem, I mean, sour editing... good thing you have Coke. :D

M. Dunham said...

Erin, you crack me up.

When I take my lunch, I often do the same thing. Or I try - lately it's been pandemonium at work, and I'm lucky to get 5 minutes to eat by myself. My office door's a revolving door, heh.

lotusgirl said...

Looks like a fun lunch. LOL! I spend a lot of my lunches doing the same thing.

dellgirl said...

Yummmy! I had chicken for lunch too, with iced tea. Now you're making me want pizza. Maybe tomorrow.

beth said...

Erin, OMG that is a great book!!! Have you read the story about the children in school yet? Totally my fav.

Davin Malasarn said...

This is a fantastic post! It's always fascinating to me to see how other people work and where they write. I don't have the coordination to write and eat at the same time.

Danyelle said...

Awesome post! Interesting about how you're able to read based on where you are in the writing process. :D

Tess said...

That chicken looks soooo good. The only thing I could see that was missing is the chocolate :)

Eric said...

Wow, your diet is worse than mine (except for the DC of course). Still, you're probably getting more editing done than I am, heh heh.