Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Zombie editing face

Carrie Harris had a fun post today with her zombatar. So I decided to make one for myself. I call it my editing face.


Want one for yourself?
Yes, this is what I feel like. Well, I did yesterday at least. Left work early, took two naps and went to bed early, and slept in this morning. No work for me today. I feel a bit better. I think the extensive amount I've time I've spent staring at a computer screen in the last two weeks (more than normal - which is amazing in itself) is starting to get to me. Reading red lines and word edits isn't exactly easy on the eyeballs. That, and I was feeling a little buried at work. But now the deadline for the month is over, and I can relax a little. I also won't be taking on more than one beta reading project at a time again - at least not when I'm in the middle of editing my own stuff, and not writing. Writing is just easier on the eyes, at least for me.

So, hopefully my zombie eyes will clear up soon. Hehe.

/yawn

11 comments:

KLo said...

Glad you're feeling better : ) That's a real trip!

Litgirl01 said...

Scarwyyy!!! Ugly green zombie face is easily cured by eating a whole cheesecake with blueberries on top. Blue is good for curing green! No red!

ElanaJ said...

This is beyond awesome. Not that you feel like that, but still. You know what I mean. :D

Davin Malasarn said...

Despite it's implications, that's a pretty cute picture. I'm glad you are giving yourself time to rest! :)

Windsong said...

Scary. ;-)

I am not smart enough to figure out how to link pictures, but I found a picture the other day that reminded me of you. Because of the zombie theme. :D

Here's a link: http://myth-takes.blogspot.com/

lotusgirl said...

Yikes! For heaven's sake! Take a break! *crosses fingers warding off zombie face*

The Screaming Guppy said...

Awesome link Wind :)

I think I'm looking a little less zombie now. Cheesecake tonight so, that'll help for sure.

Windsong said...

Cheesecake, the new Zombie Repellent(TM)!

Lady Glamis said...

You really shouldn't be beta reading while your editing. That's just asking for... well... zombie trouble. :(

I'm glad you got a little bit of a break today! Have you made those cheesecake sandwiches yet?

Tara Maya said...

ha that's me right now... you musta bit me.... editing zombification setting in...

Eric said...

Grrrrr! Thanks alot Guppster. The network nazis here won't let me get to that site. Oh well, I'll have to try it at home. Oh, and nice zombie look. Is that "pre-Diet Coke" syndrome. :)