Monday, March 30, 2009

How cool is this?

I recently started doing some novel swaps with people to try and get, as well as give, feedback to and from other writers. As we all know, no one can catch what you're doing wrong better than another writer. And I've found that doing crits on full manuscripts (vs. a section of a novel or a short story) is really helping me to be more aware of things I do in my own writing, both good and bad.

Tara Maya, a fellow blogger and writer, and I swapped a few weeks ago and just finished reading each other's work. We're still chatting about our stories, but Tara took things a step further and created some mock covers for HOUND. Hotness, yes? I think so. Check them out over at her blog. Thanks Tara!

I've got another swap lined up and my copy edited version of HOUND coming back in the next few weeks. If anyone else is looking for a manuscript exchange say, at beginning of May, shoot me an e-mail.

Setting up this blog has been one of the best thing I've done as a writer. Talk about an easy way to meet up with other writers, and you don't even have to leave your computer! I mean, all we writers do is write, right? I mean, we certainly don't slack off via distractions on the interwebs...

:)~

4 comments:

Litgirl01 said...

Saw your covers and love them! They are so you! ;-) Very exciting!!!!

Lady Glamis said...

Those covers really are great! Tara rocks. And so do you for writing an awesome book, I'm sure! I may be interested in a novel swap. Not sure yet. :)

Jenn Nixon said...

I've made a couple mock covers in my day. They're fun and help fulfill those day dreams! lol

Carrie Harris said...

Those covers are made of awesome! Good luck with those edits, fellow zombie book writer. ;)