Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dark Book: Day 4 and #queryfail

Word count : 1,700

Apparently, this scene wants to be longer. I've finished chapter 12, but still have some action to finish out. Seemed like a good place for a break however, so I followed my characters. Right now, they're still well-behaved - no one is deciding they need to die yet or anything. Well, except those who were predetermined to die, of course - so I'm giving them a long leash. Hopefully, I'll finish this sequence of events today. Then it's going to get a little harder. I have to deal with the fallout that comes after chapters 11, 12 and 13.

On another writing related note, today is #queryfail day on twitter. Agents, editors and publishers are sharing the don'ts for submitting queries via twitter. Pretty cool and informative! I've decide I hate everyone who doesn't take the time to read simple instructions. Don't you morons realize your negatively impacting the process for EVERYONE when you are that retarded?

If you can write a book, you can certainly read. Start proving it.

4 comments:

Tara Maya said...

I've been enjoying it too, though I'm not used to Twitter. I'm afraid if I become addicted to it the procrastination possibilities become endless.

Litgirl01 said...

Saw you on Snark's...so had to stop by to say hello. I mean with a name like screaming guppie, you have to be fun. :-)

I saw a thing about twitter on the morning show. What is is all about? Do you think it's beneficial to networking?

The Screaming Guppy said...

On the downside, twitter can be addictive! I spent most of yesterday watching #queryfail instead of working! But most of the time it’s a bit more tame than yesterday. Normally, I only check the site a few times a day (I am at a computer all day for work though, so it's easy for me).

As for networking, just from yesterday I followed and became followed by a bunch of new people, including editors, agents and aspiring authors. It’s nice because you get updates about what people are doing – Authoress, for example, posts when her blog is updated on twitter. A number of agents do that as well. But a number of agents have also said that twitter is more about fun than serious advice or making connections. I did find a number of new agents I wasn’t aware of during #queryfail though.

Seems like a fun way to make some connections with other writers. But I don’t know how much it will help with networking with agents and editors. I guess it can’t hurt? With publishing as rocky as it is, every little bit will help right? :) One can hope at least!

Litgirl01 said...

Thanks for that! :-) I may try it...I like just being around others with the same interest. Maybe I will make an account later. Then I am sure it will take me forever to figure it out. LOL