word count: 200
I've decided 16 is not my lucky number, as it is the chapter I've been writing for the last three days. After my creative explosion settled down, my insane drive has tapered off a little bit. That, and I'm muddling my way through making this chapter tie together, as a number of things are happening at once.
1. person just found out brother did something horrible
2. two people are on their death beds
3. one wakes up, but is not the same anymore (cue ominous music)
4. doctor has a breakthrough
5. angry person is still torturing the prisoner in the other room
6. spaceship is dead in the water
Unlike the section before, where all the chaos was happening with good reason and purpose, I now I have to be more organized and careful. I'm revealing new plot information in what needs to be a semi-convoluted way, going a little into the "science" of my world, and dealing with exhausted, emotionally drained characters who are teetering between what they want to do/instinct says to do and the moral standards they do or do not hold themselves to.
I hope I can waddle through the end of this chapter today.