Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chronicles of the Calamitous Kitchen: Cheesecake. That is all.


I've been slacking a bit on cooking the last week and a half, so Tuesday I decided it was time to make a return to the kitchen. One word: Cheesecake.


Oreo cookie cheesecake, to be precise.



Here's the monster, complete with choco-topping (ganache). Fatness, do you need it? Good news! YOU CAN HAS!



I learned something new this time in the kitchen. This is a spring form pan, which connected to a thin metal sheet (what the cake is sitting on). Good thing I didn't try to make this thing in a normal pan or I would of ended up with a giant cheesecake muffin thing.



Even though I've been called insane, I'm sticking to my opinion that the choco-topping was too thick. My family will likely disown me when they read this post. The Andersons take chocolate very, very seriously. What can I say? I've always had a fondness for other sweets besides the chocolate. They're lucky there's any chocolate in this cheesecake at all!


Guppy Cooking Tip #22: Sometimes is does matter what pan you use. A wise person checks into these things - or has co-workers versed in such things and have spring form pans at the ready.

3 comments:

Litgirl01 said...

Holy yumminess!!! 8-O

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Oooh, that looks delicious! I bought my first spring form pan a few years back for a raspberry white chocolate cheesecake, and oooooh, it was so worth it!

The Screaming Guppy said...

Heh, I'm hooked after one use. I'm gonna have to buy one of my own for sure. :)