Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chronicles of the Calamitous Kitchen: The pancake uprising

In case you don't recall, one of my kitchen success stories was my cheese pancakes. The only downside was they were small and I had to cook them in shifts. Well, at about 10:00 p.m. the other night, I decided it was time for late dinner pancakes.

This time, I recruited help. Here's Erik making whipped cream to go with the pancakes. See? This here is $30 well spent. There's not way I'm whipping by hand ever again.

So while Erik whipped, I made batter. And then dumped it all in two pans, like so. My thinking was two giant pancakes would be better than a dozen little ones that were cold by the time we were ready to eat.



Well, my idea turned out to be a little more flawed than I expected. We managed to flip Erik's pancake - the one with extra raisins - without destroying it.



Of course as soon as he walked away, I tried to take it out of the pan and well...ruined it. Haha! Pancake mayhem!

Despite the lack of visual appeal, Erik still enjoyed his retarded pancake. Even though parts of it weren't fully cooked.


My pancake did far worse. I was most displeased with this turn of events. I'd like to call this little beauty late night fail.

Guppy Cooking Tip #10: Short cuts make pancakes look like crap.

No comments: