Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chronicles of the Calamitous Kitchen: Sweet Success

So this weekend I hit the pinnacle of my cooking career. I made yummies. Super yummies. And cake, too!






This is what I made for dinner on Saturday night. Is your mouth watering yet? Well, if not, it should be!


First, we have an orzo pasta salad. Tasty, without being overwhelming - both Erik and I think that artichokes have a habit of taking over any dish they're included in, so I put in less of the usurpers than the recipe called for.


Second, I made asparagus and zucchini steamed with lemon juice and white wine. Sounds much more epic than it actually was. Erik liked it, but I wasn't so much of a fan. I think I put too much lemon in or something.


But that's okay. You want to know why?


Because my chicken was made of amazing. Super. Amazing. Deliciousness.


O.

M.

G.


The crust is bread crumbs and Parmesan, and the chicken is stuffed with Borsin cheese (a garlic cream cheese spread. If you've never had it, you're missing out on everything wonderful in life.) and coated in melted butter. Yum. YUM!!!!! I think this is hands down the best thing I've made. Erik actually whimpered when I left some on my plate to throw away, and then he gobbled it right up!


Here's a close up of my salad. I really need to start paying attention to the number of servings I'm making at any given time. This could feed a small army for a few days...

I also made a cake. Red Velvet Cake...mmmmm. With homemade frosting...mmmmmm! Here's a shot of the batter. It looks a little pink...but that's only because I only had 1/3 of an ounce of food coloring instead of a whole one.



And the finished product.





Nice and red velvety in there.






Very yummy. Have I mention the word yummy enough in this post? I took half of the cake to work and fed it to my co-workers. I figured my butt isn't the only one that should be suffering for my entertainment.
Guppy Cooking Tip #16: Borsin is the only garlic cheese spread.
Guppy Cooking Tip #17: Ensure that you are only making mass quantities if you intend to consume them.
Guppy Cooking Tip #18: Cake is best when shared with your buddies!

No comments: