Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chronicles of the Calamitous Kitchen: Heavy Cream is made of AWESOME

I have discovered the secret to all things tasty and wonderful: HEAVY CREAM. Oh sweet dairy product of everything holy, where have you been my whole life?

My second culinary adventure involved piggy. Pork chops, to be specific. Sauteed Pork Chops in Mustard Sauce, to be most specific.

YUM!

It was pretty easy. I had to tenderize my pork with the back of an ice cream scooper though, since amateur Guppy chef does not have fancy tools. Then score, season and into the pan! The only sad thing was that Mr. Cooking Trainer DS had me make the sauce in the same pan after cooking the chops. Sadly, little chops were not very hot by the time I was done with the sauce.

The sauce used butter, heavy cream, salt, pepper, lemon juice and mustard seed. I was expected a more intense taste from the sauce, but it was very mild and mucho delicious. Simple, quick and yum.

As for the corn, I travelled far and wide from the perfect cob, then picked each tender morsel off the ear by hand. Right. Actually, those are from a steamer bag I was able to remove from the freezer with extreme talent. Pushing buttons on the microwave is hard work, cha'know?

As you can see, it looks great. Maybe you can see? It tasted better than whatever it looks like.


As you can see from Erik's smile, he agrees.


Even Chunky was trying to get a piece of the action! Sadly, she had to settle for some Science Diet.

Guppy Cooking Tip #2: Heavy Cream makes everything better.

Guppy Cooking Tip#3: Always check your recipe and make sure you know what is for garnish. Then you can decide accurately if you really need to buy stupid parsley and stupid cherry tomatoes when you are already spending over $100 on ingredients that your dishes actually require.

No comments: