Thursday, December 11, 2008

ZG: Days 38, 39 & 40

Day 38: 1,942 words
Day 39: 1,860 words
Day 40: 4,994 words


Whew. Catching up on the blog. I was out sick on Tuesday and had a pretty rough day Monday, then wrote like an insane person on Wednesday. So, here we are.

Important events? I've finalized the end of the book - more or less all the details. I've started "part III" and the story is going from a strong jog to an all out sprint, and intends to continue this way until the end of the novel. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to reach the end by 100k words, so I'm giving myself to 110k. I think I can, I think I can. And this isn't "I think I can finish." This is "I think I can do so in a reasonable amount of words."

On another exciting note, I've joined a writing group with some people from NaNoWriMo. We're exchanging our work (mine is part one of ZG) and the plan is to start critiquing in January. We're calling ourselves "Word Hawkers."

I had my first two sentences critiqued on the blog Miss Snark's First Victim, and put my first paragraph (of my Dark book) up in a contest on Nathan Bransford's blog. The winner can select a partial critique from Nathan as their prize. And that is awesome.

So, on we go. I need to really get my ass moving if I'm going to finish by December 22. I bought an extra laptop battery, just in case. Either way, I'm going to be working on ZG for my plan ride, be it editing or writing.

No comments: