Friday, November 28, 2008

ZG: Day 26 & 27 - Turkey, Tree Trimming and Zombies!

Day 26: 1,432 words. A little low, but I finished an important scene, and wasn't sure what came next.

Day 27: I forgot to write! Gah! I was making a turkey for the first time, which consumed the day. I didn't remember until 10:00 p.m. while watching the all day House marathon that I was supposed to work on my manuscript. Opps! No big deal - my huge word count on Tuesday covered my butt. Now, however, I need to get down to some serious business. If I flake any more, I'm going to run the risk of falling seriously behind.

So, anyway, no time for lamenting lost words. Yesterday was really fun. We did turkey dinner, played more Left 4 Dead (which resulted in more massively messed up zombie dreams for me last night), finished trimming the mini-tree, and watched some House. And since you all know me, here's some ridiculous pictures chronicling the day.

Here's Erik, stuffing our bird Tom. Cliché, I know. The sad face is because he didn't want me to take a picture of him stuffing Tom.



Tom is ready to go!



And into the oven...



Peep at Tom halfway through...



Ding, Tom is done!



Here's the nice spread. Yum yum yummmmmmm!!!!!



Me, looking all nice for the camera.



Me, how I really looked, diving into the corn so I could stuff my face.



The aftermath. Man, the stuffing was so good - both Erik's and my favorite part. Tip of the day: boil the giblets and use the water from that to make the stuffing. Mmmmmmmm.... I also put spicy sausage and walnuts in the stuffing - my own take on Mom's classic. No celery!



We went on to finish setting up the tree. We bought three fancy ornaments to add to the tree, as well as hooks. Since ornaments don't come with hooks. Whoever decided that one should be shot.

This one is Erik's.



Chunky Butt, checking out the decorating action.



Here's mine. Rudolph! My favorite childhood Christmas movie. And guess what? Oh yes, that reindeer's nose lights up AND he sings to me. The bomb. Period.



I got this one for the kitties. The little name tags say "Miss" and "Chief". Ain't that cute? And so appropriate.



Snuggling the Chunky face.



And Kyra proves the ornament’s clever observation.



Here's the kitties, begging for food. If you blow up the photo by clicking on it, you can see Kyra's tongue sticking out. They wouldn't have been hungry if they ate their giblets!!!!!

No comments: