Monday, November 3, 2008

NaNoWriMo: Days 1 & 2

Started great! I got about 5,000 words on Saturday and another 1,700ish on Sunday. I hit a bit of a wall on Sunday, as I didn't have my character name list with me. Dummy me left it at work. I hate skipping around, so I decided to take a break after I cleared 1,700 before starting the next scene (where I needed the names).

I ended up watching Resident Evil: Extinction, for zombie fighting motivation. So far, I'm still in fantastic spirits, and confidante that I'll meet 50k head on with no problem at all. In fact, I'm hoping to push myself and maybe knock out the whole thing by the end of the month. Whole thing being somewhere around 90-100k? We'll see.

Regardless, I'm getting a sense of perspective here. Writing 1,667 words a day really isn't that much at all. My real goal extends beyond November 31. I'm hoping this will form some really good habits, and get my ass in gear.

It's a wonder what a deadline in your face will do for productivity.

No comments: