Monday, October 6, 2008

What to do.

So I was really excited when I saw this submission call, mostly because of the authors that were already included. However, since I was already in the process of working on my short story for Warrior Wisewomen 2, this kind of took the back seat. I did have a piece about 1/3 of the way done, which would have been giant lizards in the mountains.

Well, snoozed and lost. The mountains category is all full. A bummer, for sure. So now I need to decide between starting a new story in the Jungle (as it is the only category with more than one spot left) or scrapping this submission.

My Warrior Wisewomen 2 submission is in what I believe is the final draft, after a second run through with my writing group this past Sunday. In addition, I'm considering doing an unofficial National Novel Writing Month attempt (meaning, aiming to write 50,000 words in a single month, but unofficial as I won't be signing up at the website because I plan to continue my work in process instead of starting a new idea) which will begin November 1. That means I need to do about 1,660 words per day for the entire month of November.

Also, October is going to be a zoo. I just moved, so that's over, but we still have unpacking to do. Not this weekend, but next weekend, I'll be flying to Dallas with Erik to go to a wedding. Then, a few days after we get back, my brother will be in town for a long weekend. So this puts extra writing effort in October into the "not so likely" category.

Basically, unless I have a strike of genius and come up with a phenomenal idea involved jungles and some giant critter in the next 48 hours, I might have to just let this one go, albeit with a bit of a pout. I really can't blame anyone but myself. And Warhammer Online.

No comments: