Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Here we go again!

I finally sent out my submission for Warrior Wisewomen 2. The delay was mostly a result of a lack of title.

While playing on dictionary.com to try and get some ideas, I came across the word eidos, which kind of stuck in my head. Aside from the meaning, it also has a very nice ring to it. I spent a few days trying to build a title around it, and then figured what the hell.

So the short story is called "Eidos." Thanks to my writing group and my sister for helping get this one out of a very rough draft and into something I'm proud to submit.

The reading period for this anthology ends December 15. Let the waiting begin. Again. I'm still waiting on Permuted too actually. I really want my dirty little paws all over a book with my name on it. This is good though. Preparing myself for the longer waits that will come with getting a manuscript published, for sure.

So now comes the waiting game. Nine more days until NaNoWriMo. That will be my focus for November. After that, I'll evaluate what I produce and decide if my effort will continue on zombie gladiators or return to the world of my space fungus.

As for short fiction, I think I'm going to wait until I hear back from this anthology. Should I get accepted, my effort will go towards revisions, etc. If rejection comes, I'll decide then if I'm going to write a new piece of short fiction or look for other places to submit what I've finished.

No comments: