Monday, October 20, 2008

Dallas Trip : Part One : Food

Where else is there to begin? I think one of the highlights for Erik was taking me to all his favorite places to eat.

On Friday night, we went to Fireside Pies. It had a very college town feel to it, and we got there right before closing. We had a cheese and pizza sauce bowl for an appetizer, which came with sections of cooked pizza bread to dip. Pretty decent. Unfortunately, they mixed up our order and I think they rushed the second pie out. The crust was a bit undercooked, but otherwise it wasn't bad. We got a Maiu Zaui - Hawaiian pizza. Erik was in hog heaven.

The next day we went to Buzzbrews, a diner of sorts with a crazy selection of coffee and breakfast 24 hours a day. Erik had banana nut pancakes, which were super tasty, and I had a Mexican egg scramble called Aimgas. Interesting joint.

Later that night, before the wedding, we went to Carabba's. Their bread and oil, with spices, is YUMMY! We spilt an amazing chicken dish and had some ceasar salad's to top it off. See below:

Pollo Rosa Maria
Grilled chicken breast stuffed with fontina cheese and prosciutto, topped with mushrooms and a basil lemon butter sauce

We slept in nice and late on Sunday, only waking up because we ordered room service! Wasn't too shabby. We got scrambled eggs, apple sausage and a Belgium waffle with strawberries.

I must say, our last meal stop was by far my favorite for one simple reason. This:


Those are fried pickles, dipped in ranch dressing, at Pluckers. They are so good! They add dill spice to the batter and plate, which gives it a really nice flavor. Watch out though. These suckers are hot. Hot like, burn your mouth like I did, not hot like spicy hot. Aside from the pickles, Pluckers is basically like Buffalo Wild Wings, but the wings are bigger, meatier and more expensive.

Next on my purchase list would be a deep fryer. Yes. I am going to make my own deep fried pickles, and none of you can stop me!

No comments: