Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Babylon A.D.

I have mixed feelings. I was totally there; the movie was great. Visuals were awesome. Vin was awesome. There was even a voice over of him talking at the start - very Riddick and Pitch Black and made me squeal a little in delight. Action was exciting, the plot was cooking', the world was dark and interesting. The characters were intriguing. I was loving it.

Then they had to go all weird with the ending. I won't go into the specifics, but unless they're planning a pretty incredible sequel ... Bunk I say. Very anticlimactic for an otherwise great flick. I liked the rest of it so much that I can't say I didn't like the movie based on the crappy ending. I think most of the theater shared my feelings. There was an odd silence at the end, followed by a bunch of dissatisfied mutters.

Maybe the deluxe DVD edition will have an alternate ending. A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments: