Monday, August 25, 2008

WAR is over...for now!

Much to my dismay, the preview servers for Warhammer Online are now offline. I was hoping to get one more round of battle in when I got off work tonight, but alas, I am denied. Regardless of this disappointment, the weekend was pretty fun!

We started off Friday night when Erik got home from work, creating two Chaos lackeys. He picked a Marauder named Gradient, so I decided to be a healer. A healer with a skull and a hunchback, otherwise known as a Zealot. As I was making my character, I was reminded of a book I recently read and enjoyed quite a bit: Scar Night by Alan Campbell, which was brought to my attention after reading an update on Jacqueline Carey's website. Scarred and crazy, with black hair and eyes, I dubbed my toon Carnival.

So we set off on our first night, hacking down some goodie two shoes and hordes of undead critters. Erik got his first taste of Public Quests, which he felt would be much more fun with more friends. As we have more than half a dozen people planning to join us on the Day of Reckoning, problem solved! Saturday was much the same, including a crazy good drop from a helpless level one rat, which resulted in the slaughter of many helpless woodland creatures in the hopes of more lootage. We did a few more PQ's, but otherwise stuck to PvE. Sunday was some time for some RvR action and a PvP scenario, and then some dangerous exploration. I wandered along a massive glacier swarming with yetis, and came face to face with a level 40 yeti who had his very own lair and screen shaking scream. Erik, on the other hand, ventured in enemy territory, and dodged a few epic level servants of Order. All and all, a good start. We got to level 11 before calling it a night.

When Erik wouldn't play with me, I spent some time as Khaine's hand of doom again, and played around on the good guys' side as a Shadow Warrior High Elf (think Legolas, but not restricted to blond hair).

Is it September 18th yet?

No comments: